Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dark Days

Today I am in quicksand. If I struggle, I will only sink faster, so I hold. Very. Still. I hardly move, hoping maybe to float, but it sucks me slowly down. The laundry piles up around me; dirty in the laundry room; clean, spilling from baskets, in the family room; folded piles tipping haphazzardly in stacks on the stairs. I move enough to feed my family, to keep the baby from crying, to help the toddler reach the potty before she pees. But today I just can't drag myself from the pit, and it sucks me sucks me down.

1 comment:

wormL_h said...

your writing is amazing. it just hooks me and makes me want to keep reading, and it is almost like i can feel that moment for you. entries like these make me just wish i could live close to you and help you whenever you needed it.