Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Airing My Dirty Laundry

Recently I decided to ask my sweet sister in law to look at my stuff here on this blog, and see if she had any feedback for me. But before doing so, I read through all of it. I guess that was the first time I had done that (read all the posts in one sitting). And I had to absolutely laugh at myself because of all the laundry references and metaphors!! I decided that one day I'll have to publish a compilation of poetry and essays that all have something to do with laundry. I can give it the same title that I gave this post!! :) I guess that is one of the things that I feel the most overwhelmed by is trying to keep up with the laundry for 8 people. Or maybe it's just harder to make glib little references to needles and diabetes test-kits, another very overwhelming aspect of my life.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

the looming laundry theme was much appreciated. i simply CANNOT imagine keeping up with that much laundry since i feel like i already do fifty thousand loads each week and i try and just take all day one week to get it done so i can feel more free on other days, but inevitably it ends up clouding that whole day (usually tuesday) and sometimes i am left with baskets full of things that need to be folded and/or hung up and i want to throw it in the trash. :) it will sit there and i imagine that thomas is really annoyed with me - like what is your job anyway? even if he is not thinking that it bothers me and it's just not good.

in contrast, when i am on top of the laundry situation and do a really efficient day of laundry i have to laugh at how proud it makes me! :)

Shauna said...

When all my kids were really little I used to joke that I wanted to have a "naked day" where no one could wear any clothes while I did laundry. Cause one of the things I hate about laundry is that at the end of the day, even if I have miraculously finished it all, everyone takes off what they were wearing that day . . . and I'm not done after all.